About Dr. Jeanette
Jeanette Truchsess, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist who has specialized in reproductive mental health for over 25 years, guiding clients through fertility challenges and into parenthood. She is passionate about helping clients build their families, as well as supporting those who decide to remain child-free.
Dr. Jeanette offers counseling that validates how the infertility roller coaster can impact every aspect of a person’s life. She helps clients to grieve losses, learn coping tools and make decisions to achieve their goal of parenting. She teaches Mind/Body classes and facilitates support groups that build community.
As a consultant, Dr. Jeanette screens donors and conducts educational consultations for recipients of donor eggs, sperm or embryos. Dr. Jeanette experienced the roller coaster of her own fertility journey. Having built her family through adoption, she can relate to both assisted reproductive technology and adoption as paths to parenthood.
Dr. Jeanette also works with adults experiencing anxiety, depression, life challenges, grief and spiritual concerns.
- Ph.D., Family Social Science, University of Minnesota
- M.S.N., Psychiatric Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Nursing, College of St. Teresa
- Decades of experience as a psychotherapist
- 25 years specializing in fertility and adoption
- 20 years as a Resolve volunteer facilitating support groups and speaker at conferences
- 10 years teaching Mind/Body Program for Fertility and Family Building
- 5 years experience teaching university and college courses
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Resolve: National Organization for Infertility and Adoption
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
- Postpartum Support Minnesota
- Domar Mind/Body Program for Infertility
- Meditation Teacher
- Sancta Sophia Seminary
Nancy Olsen, MS is a Licensed Professional Counselor who uses a holistic mind- body approach in her therapy practice. Nancy specializes in reproductive mental health, assisting clients in decision-making, grief work and providing support for family building choices.
With sensitivity and compassion, Nancy customizes care to help women and men who feel depressed, anxious and overwhelmed or who are experiencing grief and loss. These feelings may stem from the heartbreak of infertility, from pregnancy or postpartum challenges, or other reproductive issues. Making decisions about important life events can be overwhelming and frightening. In therapy, Nancy gently helps clients find their way through difficult times.
Nancy’s genuineness and warmth guide her as she connects with her clients. She collaborates with her clients to identify their strengths and strategies for growth toward greater clarity, happiness, confidence and well-being.
- M.S., Counseling Psychology, Utah State University
- B.A., Psychology, University of Washington
- 6 years in private practice
- 35 years as business owner in wellness, fitness training and dance education
- Postpartum Support International
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Support Minnesota
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
- Certificate in Maternal Mental Health, Postpartum Support International and 2020 Mom Project