About Dr. Jeanette
Jeanette Truchsess, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist who has been in private practice since 1991. She provides compassionate services to clients with challenges across the life span. These include issues related to family of origin, relationships, workplace, marriage, fertility, pregnancy, postpartum, trauma, spirituality, divorce, career changes, empty nest and retirement.
Clients who experience loss, anxiety, depression and shame can benefit from Dr. Jeanette’s expertise. She offers a wide variety of coping tools to help clients move through these challenges and achieve higher functioning than before. Some of the approaches offered are Cognitive Behavior therapy, grief work, family systems therapy, stress management techniques and meditation.
Dr. Jeanette has specialized in reproductive mental health since 1993. She provides support and education for family building options. She helps clients to grieve losses, learn coping tools and make decisions to achieve their goal of parenting. For those who decide to remain childfree, Dr. Jeanette offers counseling for navigating that decision-making. Dr. Jeanette also performs psycho-educational services and evaluation in third party reproduction.
- Ph.D., Family Social Science, University of Minnesota
- M.S.N., Psychiatric Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Nursing, College of St. Teresa, Winona and Rochester, MN
- Decades of experience as a psychotherapist
- 25 years specializing in fertility and adoption
- 20 years as a Resolve volunteer facilitating support groups and speaker at conferences
- 10 years teaching Mind/Body Program for Fertility and Family Building
- 5 years experience teaching university and college courses
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Resolve: National Organization for Infertility and Adoption
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
- Postpartum Support Minnesota
- Mind/Body Program for Fertility and Family Building
- Meditation Teacher
- Sancta Sophia Seminary
Nancy Olsen, MS is a Licensed Professional Counselor who uses a holistic mind- body approach in her therapy practice. Nancy specializes in reproductive mental health, assisting clients in decision-making, grief work and providing support for family building choices.
With sensitivity and compassion, Nancy customizes care to help women and men who feel depressed, anxious and overwhelmed or who are experiencing grief and loss. These feelings may stem from the heartbreak of infertility, from pregnancy or postpartum challenges, or other reproductive issues. Making decisions about important life events can be overwhelming and frightening. In therapy, Nancy gently helps clients find their way through difficult times.
Nancy’s genuineness and warmth guide her as she connects with her clients. She collaborates with her clients to identify their strengths and strategies for growth toward greater clarity, happiness, confidence and well-being.
- M.S., Counseling Psychology, Utah State University
- B.A., Psychology, University of Washington
- 6 years in private practice
- 35 years as business owner in wellness, fitness training and dance education
- Postpartum Support International
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Support Minnesota
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
- Certificate in Maternal Mental Health, Postpartum Support International and 2020 Mom Project